The Mindfulness as a Professional Competency Programme
The Mindfulness as a Professional Competency Programme (MPC) is the exclusive flagship programme of Mindfulness Works For Organisations. It is designed to train your team on what mindfulness is, how to practice it and most importantly to establish it as a professional competency that is embedded in your organisation. This means that you don’t just learn about the benefits of mindfulness, your team and organisation actually experience them.
Ensure your mindfulness training goes the distance
The benefits to you and your team from the MPC programme are:
- The mindfulness training 'sticks' and is not a flash in the pan
- Your team have support to practice mindfulness on an on-going basis
- You can measure the results and effectiveness of both the training as well as the on-going impact of the mindfulness practices
- People can learn face to face or a virtual on-line environment or a combination of both
- Your team learn from highly experienced mindfulness experts who have worked in large organisations so understand the dynamics
- Can be delivered either in person or remotely at any location across New Zealand and Australia
- Your team develop their practice of mindfulness as a professional competency so your organisation benefits from the increased concentration, improved mental health, better emotional regulation and communication that mindfulness practices create.
A comprehensive suite of options and design to ensure that mindfulness becomes a professional competency in your organisation
The MPC Programme includes
- Initial face to face training - educating your team on mindfulness and the basic pratices
- 21 day app based habit trainer using the Am mindfulness app - creating a way for your team to easily practice on an ongoing basis and to be able to evaluate the results
- Online or in person group coaching during the 21 days - providing expert feedback and support during the critical initial period of your team practicing mindfulness
- Intermediary and advanced mindfulness skills training
- Ongoing face to face or online coaching calls for teams and small groups. The focus of these sessions is to provide ongoing coaching in order to:
- Continue building mindfulness skills with training exercises and inquiry
- Strengthen the group’s understanding of the key principles of mindfulness
- Identify strengths, challenges and learning edges in the group
- Inquire together how to create more mindful working practices and a mindful work environment
- Offer a forum for questions from the team on sustaining a mindful working life.
- Intermediary and advanced mindfulness skills training - allowing the further development of mindfulness based competencies
We work closely with you to make sure you get the results you want
The MPC programme is designed to ensure you get the results you want. This starts with us fully understanding why you are wanting mindfulness training for your organisation and what outcomes you would like to see. We then tailor the MPC programme to meet your requirements and to deliver the outcomes you are seeking. The emphasis and focus will be on ensuring that mindfulness practices are adopted by your team to the largest extent possible. To achieve this we provide the initial mindfulness training but back it up with effective and easy ways for your people to continue to practice, either individually or as a team or both.
GET A QUOTE NOW
See how we can help your organisation and what the cost would be
Companies And Organisations We Have Worked With
A selection of client feedback for Mindfulness Works For Organisations
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand strongly endorses mindfulness as a useful way to improve positive mental health and resilience. We recommend Stephen Archer (MWFO) as an experienced mindfulness practitioner.
Hugh Norriss, Director of Policy & Development
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
Stephen (MWFO) is a terrific teacher – insightful, patient and inspiring. I truly believe that the practice of mindfulness is completely relevant in a work setting – busy people in the workplace, especially those charged with leading teams or solving thorny problems (and that would be all of us!) need to find a way to bring the signal to noise ratio into balance. Mindfulness helps mightily with this, and will encourage you to bring a sense of ease into your interactions with people and in the way you seek solutions or insight.
State Services Commission
We have used the services of Stephen Archer (MWFO) to help us to develop our Wellness Programme and Policy at Air New Zealand Cargo. During the period of programme development and in conducting training of our workforce, I have found Stephen Archer to be knowledgeable and professional in his approach to the subject of wellness and workplace stress. Stephen has presented to two target audiences, namely half day sessions for managers and 90 minute sessions for shop floor employees, both of which have been well received.
Rick Knight, Cargo Occupational Safety & Health Advisor
Air New Zealand
Jon (MWFO) provided two Mindfulness sessions to some of our staff, as part of QLD Mental Health Week. These sessions received unanimously positive feedback. We are keen to get Jon back to provide mindfulness training to our Peer Support Officers in the near future. Jon was the consummate professional with a great sense of humour and unfaltering calmness – it was clear that he really practises what he preaches when he was able to improvise without a hitch when our technology wouldn’t allow him to use his laptop/PowerPoint. Thank you again Jon for your time, knowledge and expertise.
Pip Walker, Psychologist/Senior Human Services Officer
Queensland Police Service
I have engaged Jon Unal (MWFO) on a number of occasions to facilitate mindfulness sessions in a corporate environment. Our teams have always enjoyed the sessions and have benefited both personally and professionally. Jon has successfully tailored his sessions with the audience in mind. I would highly recommend Jon to anyone looking to bring mindfulness into the workplace.
HR Business Partner, Sanofi Consumer Healthcare
Jon (MWFO) delivered a combined presentation and workshop for our Bachelors and Masters students as part of a subject. The presentation fitted right into the topic with an extensive insight into mindfulness. After his presentation the classroom dynamics changed. Students become more focused, more sensitive to discussion topics and more compassionate with each other while interacting in classroom activities. Jon’s presentation was incredibly informative and entertaining with easy-to-digest yet thought-provoking material. He is really engaging with different age groups and finds the voice with people from all different ethnic backgrounds. Mindfulness is a missing concept in education. It should be taught and practiced on a daily basis by students and teaching professionals. Looking forward to Jon’s next seminar!